RIDE ALONG PROGRAM
CARS welcomes outsiders to ride-along with us to experience pre-hospital rescue & care. As a ride along, you will have
the ability to observe the patient care techniques of our EMT's in action and see for yourself, what makes this
profession fast-paced and challenging. Since we run over 12,000 calls annually, you are sure to see some action on any
shift. In order to ride-along, you must adhere to the following policy:
- You must be at least 18 years of age.
- If you do not belong to an allied emergency services agency, you are allowed to ride-along on one shift every 6 months only.
- If you belong to an allied emergency services agency, you may ride-along as often as you like, (within reason of course).
- You must have the permission of the on-duty crew captain and duty officer.
- You must sign a liability waiver.
- You must adhere to our dress code:
- All observers shall wear navy blue pants and a blue oxford-style shirt unless otherwise stated herein. No jeans or sweat pants will be permitted.
- Members of other fire and rescue organizations are permitted to wear their uniforms so long as the uniform does not include jeans or sweat pants.
- Medical student and nurse observers may be permitted to wear "scrubs" if they do not have the dress required in "A" above.
- During cold weather, ride-alongs must wear the CARS observer jacket.
- Only CARS probationary, active, associate and retired members may display the CARS logo on their apparel.
- All persons shall maintain a clean, neat and professional appearance.
- No person shall wear jewelry that presents a safety risk. Earrings may be worn, but are to be limited in number.
No large hoops or pendants are permitted. No jewelry associated with body piercing other than earrings is permitted; however, flesh colored plugs may be used if unobtrusive.
- No tattoo shall be visible to the public.
- Hair shall be normal color only. No neon colors, bizarre rainbow striping, punk spikes, mowhawks, lightening
stripe razor cuts, or similar colors or cuts are permitted.
- The Duty Officer shall have the discretion to determine whether or not a personís appearance complies with this section.
If you would like to schedule a ride-along with one of our crews, click here to
request more information.
Go BACK to MAIN page.
For more information email me at: