ANNUAL VAVRS RESCUE COLLEGE
The purpose of the State Rescue College is to enable the VAVRS to offer a multifaceted instructor training program to its members. Once trained and certified as instructors, members must return to area squads and respective districts to instruct fellow squad members in all VAVRS courses. Training for over 325 rescue squads in the State of Virginia will enable members to be better qualified in many phases of rescue work and medical technology.
The 34th Annual VAVRS Rescue College will be held June 13th - 21st, 2009, in Blacksburg, Virginia. The following classes will be offered...
The school brochure is available from the VAVRS. For more information call the state office at (800) 833-0602.
- EMT-B Category I Recertification Course.
- ALS Category I Recertification Course.
- Prehospital Trauma Life Support - PHTLS
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support - ACLS
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support - PALS
- Geriatric Education for EMS - GEMS
- Sports Injury/Sports Medicine for EMS Providers
- Basic Tactical Medicine
- NIMS ICS-300 - Intermediate ICS for Expanding Incidents
- NIMS ICS-400 - Advanced ICS Command & General Staff - Complex Incidents
- NIMS ICS-300/400 - Train-the-Trainer Program
- Swift Water Rescue - Basic and Instructor.
- Vehicle Extrication Rescue - Basic and Instructor.
- Basic & Light Duty Rescue-Rescue Technician Level I - Basic and Instructor.
- Farm Machine Extrication - Basic and Instructor.
- Cave Rescue - Basic and Instructor.
- Vertical Rescue-Rescue Technician Level II - Basic and Instructor.
- Vertical Rescue-Rescue Technician Level III - Basic and Instructor.
- EVOC - Instructor.
- CPR - Instructor and Instructor Trainer.
- Hazardous Materials Awareness - Instructor.
- Hazardous Materials First Responder - Basic and Operations for EMS.
- Infectious Disease Control - Basic and Instructor.
- Wilderness Search and Rescue - Basic and Instructor.
- School Bus Rescue
- Confined Space Rescue - Awareness & Technician
- Search & Rescue - Basic
- Trench Rescue - Awareness
- Auxiliary Management
- Parliamentary Law
Go BACK to MAIN page.
For more information, email the VAVRS at: