SQUAD 135 INTERACTIVE TOUR
Welcome to the Squad 135 interactive tour. To take a look at what is carried in each compartment, just click on on the compartment to see inside as well as give you a complete list of what is carried. To see the truck's specifications and capabilities, see below.
Squads are essentially large tool boxes, which carry many specialized tools for rescue and fire suppression. Many people are familiar with one piece of equipment carried on rescue squads: the Hurst "Jaws of Life" rescue tool. This is a hydraulic rescue tool used to free people trapped in auto accidents. In addition to the rescue equipment, rescue squads also carry much of the same fire suppression and forcible entry tools that a truck company does. On fire calls, the rescue squads function much like a truck company without an aerial ladder. The minimum manning personnel is a squad operator and senior rescue technician. CARS operates three heavy rescue trucks.
Squad 135 is assigned to the CARS Technical Rescue Team and is designed to carry and support the TRT's equipment. Its primary response capability is confined space, rope, and building collapse rescue. It carries adequate equipment to repond to vehicle rescue and fire incidents if necessary. This truck is set-up to supply air and electricity 400' away from the vehicle, making it ideal for high-rise fire firefighting support. Squad 135 also tows the TRT's 24' trench collapse rescue trailer.
Specifications for Squad 135
To see the inventory list for Squad 135, go here.
- Chassis: 2002 Mack MR688P
- Body: 2003 Pierce HDR non-walk-in aluminum 9 bay roll-ups 19.5’ length
- Compartments: 48” – 60” – 57” – 48”
- Engine: Mack E7-400 E-Tech Econodyne 400HP@1,800 rpm, 1,460 ft/lb@ 1,200 rpm torque
- Transmission: Allison HD 4060-P 6 speed automatic
- Alternator: 325 amp
- Axles: 18,000 lb. front, 30,000 lb. rear w/ locking differential
- Axle Gear: 5.13
- Length: 362.5” (30’ 2.5”)
- Width: 98” (8’ 2”)
- Height: 123” (10’ 3”)
- Wheelbase: 184” (15’ 4”)
- GVWR: 48,000 lbs.
- GVW: 38,040 lbs.
- EVW: 29,940 lbs.
- Fuel Capacity: 50 gallons
- Generators: Onan 40kW, 3-phase PTO drive
2002 Truck Design Committee:
- Landon Harris – Chairperson
- John Burruss
- Steve Hartman
- Benjamin Sojka
- William Spencer
- 2004 Winchester Apple Blossum 1st Place
- 2004 Scottsville Fireman's 1st Place
Go BACK to MAIN page.
For more information email me at: